BIG excitement from a little pug!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Fame...good or bad?


So tell me...is fame a good thing?

Definitely good: I received some good news from my event publicist, Lori Zelenko of LSZ Communications, today. The Village Voice is going to run my birthday benefit in their calendar section. They even requested a photo so be on the lookout next week!

Odd, but good (I think): Mommy was on her way to C.O. Bigelow tonight and stopped to smile and talk to an adorable Brussels Griffon. The brussels' human companion smiled and asked, "You're Lenny's mommy, right? Your website is great!" Mommy was stunned and a bit startled, not because the brussels' human was scary in any way, shape or form, but because she is not used to being a "recognized" personality in the neighborhood. I, on the other hand, am fully aware of my appeal and burgeoning popularity with Village folks.

Needless to say, my mommy is still both flattered, stunned and a bit regretful.
  • Flattered: In a city as large as New York, to be recognized and verbally "welcomed" is a rarity. And to know that our website is not only being viewed by thousands of people, but actually making an impact on them is positively AMAZING!
  • Stunned: see above
  • Regretful: Due to mommy being a bit flustered by being recognized, she did not interact with the brussels' human as well as she should and could have. Normally, she would have stood on the street corner and asked hundreds of questions about the adorable pup, how they had found our website and promoted my birthday benefit in person. But, due to being struck "dumb" momentarily, she did none of these things. (She should have taken me with her. I would have known exactly what to say and do!)
I guess my mommy doesn't like the spotlight as much as I do. The moment cameras come out, she ducks behind me. I don't think this is a bad thing, however. We compliment one another. I like the spotlight and being the "face" while she enjoys doing all the backstage work. We couldn't accomplish our goals of helping our animal community without one another.

No comments: