BIG excitement from a little pug!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Good enough to eat...even by my mommy!

Have you ever sat nicely at your mommy's feet looking ever so adorable knowing that at any moment she will give you a bite of the delicious looking dessert she is currently devouring and receiving not a single crumb? I have and I know you have too!

Well friends, it is time we taught our humans some manners! It is simply not appropriate behavior for one to indulge in something delicious and not offer your companion at least a tiny taste.

Okay, okay, so we as canines have a much more limited range of acceptable indulgences given the fact that chocolate is toxic (what an uber-bummer!) and that many dogs suffer wheat, soy and corn allergies. Given those limitations, I set out to find delicious, indulgent treats that my mommy could serve both me and my friends while she entertained her human buddies with chocolate and flour filled confections.

In my search I found two fabulous companies. KDK Gourmet Dog Treats offer carob brownies, mini cupcakes and carob peanut butter cups that have the texture of their human counterparts and are tasty enough to tempt mommies and daddies. Most of their treats are made with flour, however. So, for all my allergy prone compadres, check out Lazy Dog Cookie Co. From eclairs and napoleons to "chocolates," sheet cakes and mini pies, Lazy Dog's soft-baked goodies are perfect party fare!

*Note: If you would like to try KDK Gourmet Dog Treats, convince your human to purchase a ticket to my 2nd Annual Birthday Benefit for Animal Haven. This year's canine consumables table will be covered in their tasty delights: carob brownies, carob iced mini cupcakes, yogurt iced mini cupcakes, carob peanut butter cups, mini donuts, carob dipped hearts, cosmopolitans and martinis!

No comments: